Event planning and fundraising is our mission
Powered by Professionals is a fundraising and event planning firm helping non-profit organizations to not only raise more money, but build a sustainable volunteer and donor community in any city. We have a personal, hands-on approach that utilizes business ideology to achieve the greatest results for your cause.
PBP brings sound business practices to the charity event planning arena and, in so doing, the company has built an excellent reputation in the New York City area for producing stellar events in the charity space.
Our passion is helping those who help others. We have over a decade of event planning and management experience for non-profit organizations. We are a leader when it comes to fundraising for nonprofits.
The real value in partnering with PBP is our unique approach to identifying and working with individuals (board members, honorees, committee members, etc.) passionate about a cause to help them turn their personal relationships into fundraising relationships around a special event.
See how PBP can help you make the most out of your next event.
Find out how PBP is helping non-profits surpass their fundraising goals.
Learn more about PBP‘s vision, its history and its advisers.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
University of Maryland Alumni Association will hold its Maryland in Manhattan event in New York City.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Melanoma Research Foundation will hold its Wings of Hope for Melanoma Denver Gala at The Cable Center in Denver, Colorado.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Voices Against Brain Cancer will hold its 2nd Annual Chicago Run/Walk, Join The Voices!, at Diversey Harbor in Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Sarcoma Foundation of America will hold its Annual Patient Educational Conference, Ask the Experts: Advances in Sarcoma Treatment and Research, at Andaz Wall Street in New York City.
Monday, May 5, 2014
Sarcoma Foundation of America will hold its 12th Annual Fundraising Gala, Finding the Cure in Our Time, from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City.
Friday, June 6, 2014
Voices Against Brain Cancer will hold the 2014 Brain Tumor Biotech Summit, at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City.
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Voices Against Brain Cancer will hold its 9th Annual Benefit Concert, Sounding Off For A Cure, from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM at The Hammerstein in New York City.
Click below to read about all of our fundraising PBP events:
By Barbara Evans, Director of Events & Operations
The day has finally come, the day you’ve been planning for months – the non-profit gala! As my colleague Christine pointed out in a previous blog post, the first key to a successful gala is creating a timeline. If you’ve followed your timeline religiously from day one, there shouldn’t be any need for “tricks” to a stress-free event: you’ve done all the preparatory work, and now you can reap the rewards for your non-profit or non-profit client.
Yet, we all know that SOMETHING will happen that could stress you – or your boss or client. So here are a few things I’ve learned to keep the stress at bay:
- Know your timeline and run of show. Memorize it. Know what is happening at every moment from the time you wake up on gala day until the time you hand out the gratuities and crawl into your bed. This will save you time when you are inevitably asked “when is the florist showing up?” “where is the band?” “why aren’t the auction tables set up in the pre-function space yet?!” You can respond immediately and impress those around you with your calm.
- Review your day-of-event checklist (you do have one, right?) with your team the day prior to the event, or whenever you are packing supplies. Actually check-off the items as you pack them, and re-check them when you arrive at the venue to unpack. To that end, make sure at least one staff member stays at the office until you’ve arrived at the venue and unpacked, to quickly gather any items you still need.
- Bring extra copies of all scripts, Run-of-Show documents, contact lists (and this should include not only office but mobile numbers, as well as a back-up to that contact) for all your vendors, speakers, VIP guests and any other people critical to the smooth functioning of the event.
- Work with one person on your staff to be YOUR personal back-up, and train them and ensure they know the event as well as you do. This will allow you to deal with last-minute crises (and there will be at least one), and still have everything else run smoothly. Let your team and the venue team(s) know who this person is and make introductions when arriving at the venue, if not before.
- Review your contingency plan with your entire team and venue contact well in advance of the event; make sure the team knows what to do in different situations, and how to keep the entire event on schedule (or, in the worst case scenario, how to cancel/postpone and your communication messaging around that).
- Eat well and get a good night sleep the two nights prior to the event. Just like running a race, you need to fuel your body with healthy, clean foods, and make sure to get as much rest as possible. This will position you to be alert and ready for your event.
- ENJOY IT! For many event planners, it’s about scrolling through the timeline and getting to the end, but enjoy the event. You’ve worked hard for it, you’ve checked off all the boxes, so take the time to be proud of your work. Tomorrow you will get back to the checklist with the post-event plans, but taking time at the end of the night to quickly jot down what worked, what didn’t, and what can improve the next time will go a long way to ensuring future continued success.
Need help to develop a stress-free non-profit gala, tasting event, or run/walk? Contact us and let us help!
Save The Date! on Thursday, April 24, 2014 the University of Maryland Alumni Association will hold its Maryland in Manhattan event in New York City.
Save The Date! on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 the Melanoma Research Foundation will hold its Wings of Hope for Melanoma Denver Gala at The Cable Center in Denver, Colorado.
Save The Date! on Sunday, May 4, 2014 Voices Against Brain Cancer will hold its 2nd Annual Chicago Run/Walk Join The Voices! at Diversey Harbor in Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL.